Buying a car always fills us with emotion. Finally, our buying a used car will be reflected in a new investment that will be very useful in our daily lives. Are you preparing to invest in a used car? Whether via a particular seller or professional, there are pitfalls to avoid. This used car buying guide Kenya will give answers of some basic questions!
What is the best month of the year to resell your car?
Buying or reselling a car always requires some knowledge of the market. The thing is simpler when you just have to buy vehicle. On the other hand, it gets complicated if you have to sell your vehicle before buying aother one.
Also Read – Used Car Buying Checklist Kenya
In general, the first quarter of the year is always more conducive to resale. The month of June is also interesting. However, with Toyotsu AutoMart, vehicle deals are available throughout the year, every month there is a clearance sale. Take advantage of such to save a fortune. Indeed, there are many potential buyers who are on vacation. The end of the year (November and December) is also interesting.
When is the best month to buy a used vehicle in Kenya?
We just saw that the end of the year is the best time to sell your car. The end of the year is also the best time to buy a used vehicle from a dealer. At Toyostsu Automart , every day is a buying day. Get numerous discounts available every month in clearance stocks.
Take advantage of open houses to do good business. They are often organized at the end of the month or at the end of the semester.
Also Read – Best time to buy a used car in Kenya
What is the best mileage to buy a used car in Kenya?
Buying a second-hand car raises questions older than those of buying a new car.
In Kenya, mileage and odometer fraud is widespread. Toyotsu helps in making sure you get a good bargain. The 59 point check done by Toyotsu ensures that your vehicle is in good form before you purchase it.
But, as it almost always happens among the most popular questions, there is no exact answer. The truth that when buying a second-hand car the most important is the state of the vehicle, but it is not always easy to check and therefore many buyers estimate it by mileage.
Also Read – Benefits of Buying Certified Pre-Owned Cars in Kenya
In general terms, it is important that you bear in mind that a car that has suffered treatment from its previous owner and aggressive driving, can be much more deteriorated than one with a much higher mileage.
On the other hand, it also depends on the age of the vehicle.
Another important issue is the price.
Also Read – Best Selling Used Japanese Cars in Kenya
You should also think if you are going to want to sell your car in a while. But if you do not plan to sell it again, you can choose a car with higher mileage and better price.
Due to our experience as sellers of used cars, at Toyotsu Auto Mart Kenya. We think that, in general conditions, it is better not to buy a second-hand car with more than 100,000 km .
10 Points To Consider Before Buying A Used Car
When it comes to a vehicle with several hundred kilometers traveled, it is necessary to take precautions so that our experience does not turn into tragedy. That is why we went with some experts in the field who helped us collect these ten basic tips to consider before purchasing a used car.
It is important to note that this information is not collected on the internet. Each point is the result of the opinion of the interviewees.
- A general advice is to avoid cars from large lots and, above all, get away from coyotes. The reason is simple. The business in those places, the big markets, and for the coyotes, is to sell a car, in whatever state it is, in any way. Thus, these sellers will hardly list the problems of the vehicle. In fact, they will try to make up and if you find something that disturbs you they will tell you that with an adjustment it is fixed. Recognize a coyote is very simple.
- Usually, they look for you, as soon as you arrive at the car dealership you will have them asking if you are selling or buying. If you show disinterest in the car in question, you will be offered several more for sale. Therefore, we recommend going with individuals or in pre-owned car agencies that offer written guarantees such as Toyotsu Auto Mart Kenya.
Also Read – Top 10 used cars under 300k for sale in Kenya
- Always analyze the budget we have without forgetting the possible future problems. It is very worthwhile to sit down and think about the price range and type of car we are looking for, without forgetting that problems or adjustments of rigor may soon appear.
- Many times we intend to spend all the money saved in the most sporty, or luxury, used car, without thinking that certain brands have spare parts and high services and that sometimes these costs increase even more when it comes to discontinued models. Although they can be very beautiful, a simple tuning can turn them into a headache.
Also Read – 10 Things To Do After Buying a Used Car
- Buying a car is not a single day’s task. Even if you think you have found the vehicle of your dreams, do not rush, do not want to run to the bank immediately to make the corresponding deposit. Even if the owner presents the documentation in order, make a new appointment.
- Think at home with a cool head, but above all, take the time to verify that the car has no legal problems. Remember that they can show you a sheet of a car without a report of theft, but normally these reports are updated 24 hours after a report. Also, it is important to check the status of possible traffic fines, verifications and online tenure payment.
- The first factor we always look at is the condition of the body; It’s normal, they say love is born out of sight, and if the outside attracted us it will be the first point to inspect the rest of the vehicle.
- An indication that the vehicle has suffered mishaps is poorly worked paint. Check backlight that there are no changes in tonality in different areas of the vehicle, spaces with cracked paint, with drops or rough finish (this reveals, in addition to bad preparation or poor quality of the product, that the vehicle was repaired in that sector).
Also Read – 10 Best Selling & Cheap Used Cars To Buy In Kenya
- There is a false belief that, by passing a magnet through the sheet, we will detect areas where paste has been used since the magnet will stick to the metal and not to the filling product.
- This is totally false because even with paste the metal will stick, it would have to be a major blow and normally those are very evident, they are difficult to be well repaired if a good work of sheet and paint was not carried out.
- Check that the car is not out of square. Check the spaces between each side of the fascia and the fender. When these are different, it is unequivocal proof that the car has a repaired blow, which possibly unbalanced (even if only a little) the soul and was straightened out.
- Also do not forget to check under the fenders and verify that there are no wrinkles in the frames, the points of attachment of the shock absorbers and the suspension.
- In vehicles older than 10 years corrosion is a factor to consider. In these cars, the rubbers of the frames of the doors, trunk and glass begin to crack, allowing the passage of water and lodging inside the body.
- Check the bottom of the stirrups and posts of the doors, under the carpet in the trunk, and that the areas near the drain of the engine do not show oxidation points. Normally if the drain is covered, the liquid will seep into the cabin, from the area closest to the pedals. The changes of tonality in the carpet in this area, or the hardening of the same, can reveal this problem.
- The mechanical revision should never be missing, but even without being experts we can detect problems in the following way. When you start a car in the morning, it will issue water vapor through the exhaust in a normal way; however, the gases from the exhaust when the car is already hot are not a good sign.
- The white smoke when the car is hot, and running, tell us that it is necessary to change seals and packaging or until the replacement of the rings of the engine. The black smoke is indicative that the vehicle is badly burning gasoline due to lack of tuning, or sensors and injectors plugged, while the blue smoke, the worst of all, indicates that the engine must be lowered to rectify it.
- Look under the vehicle, if it drips any type of fluid, water, antifreeze or oil, requires a major overhaul, there may be broken hoses, leaking containers or tanks that will undoubtedly require immediate mechanical attention.
Also Read – 10 Used Car Maintenance Tips Kenya
- In standard transmission cars it is essential that when accelerating it does not settle, otherwise it may require tuning or even change of sensors (only the mechanic in the workshop can give the exact diagnosis). In automatic cars it is advisable to start the vehicle, wait for it to warm up a bit and turn on the fan, this so that the gearbox is also hot and can verify that it does not hit, buzz or kick when passing a vehicle.
When you buy a used car, you first need to be sure of its condition. Otherwise, beware of hidden costs and repairs in series! From mileage to road test to paper review, so it’s better to keep in mind our above given tips. For the purchase of a reliable used car visit Toyotsu Auto Mart Kenya.
9 Steps To Follow Before You Buy A Second Hand Car In Kenya
Step 1: Have a copy of logbook, which is a proof of ownership from the owner, when you are buying the car privately.
Step 2: Verify the car details on NTSA at a fee of KSH500
Step 3: Write and sign an agreement of sale
Step 4: Pay through bankers cheque
Step 5: Have the previous owner’s details e.g; PIN Number, copy of his or her National ID
Step 6: You need to fill the log book transfer form
Step 7: Make changes on the logbook at NTSA
Step 8: Pay Purchase Tax and transfer fee at KRA
Step 9: Lastly, get your car insured by buying car insurance from Next Insurance Kenya.
VISIT OUR SHOWROOM TODAY
Head Office (South C)
Showroom / Service / Parts
Along Popo Road, opposite KEBS Offices
James Gichuru Road, 500m from Lavington mall opposite St. Austin Academy